Launch CReader Professional 123 (CRP123) is a new generation of core diagnostic product for professional and individual users released by LAUNCH. CRP123 is DIY diagnostic product that not only includes OBD / EOBD standard protocol diagnosis, but also covers professional diagnostic software for multiple models which can perform comprehensive diagnosis on four main ECU’s (ENG\ABS\SRS\AT) of vehicle.
Here is the step-by-step instruction on how to register and update Launch CRP123. The procedure can be applied to Launch X431 Creader VIII CRP129 as well.
Language: English/ French/ Spanish
Register & Update Launch CRP123 instructions:
Register Launch CRP123:
1. Go to http://mycar.x431.com/pad/landingPageIndexProductCRP.action and click the CRP123 or 129 once click update icon. (Figure 1)
2. Download and install the CRP123 or 129 update tool and launch the program when installed.
3. You will be prompted to type in the serial number (located on the back of the tool) (Figure 2)
4. After the Serial # is entered select update and enter the following information. Click Submit (Figure 3)
(If you need the Register Code proceed to the steps 5‐8)
(If you have the Register Code proceed to step 9)
5. The Register code can be found by connecting the supplied USB cord to the CRP12X and inserted into the computer.
6. When the tool has powered up, place curser on the Help icon and press the OK button. (Figure 4)
7. Select Tool Information press OK. (Figure 5)
8. This is the Register Code number for inputting into step 4 (Figure 6)
(Return to step 4 and input the code and then proceed)
9. Install the TF card from the tool into the supplied USB TF card adapter and insert into USB port of CPU.
10. Reopen the CRP update Suite and select the updates you would like to perform or click select all and click Download. (Figure 7)
11. Once all steps are complete, reinsert the TF card into the tool and power the tool via USB in computer or via OBD2 port in vehicle. The tool will prompt you to upgrade, select OK button on tool to proceed. (Figure 8)
12. The registration process is now complete!
Update Launch CRP123
Step 1: visit http://mycar.x431.com/pad/landingPageIndexCrv.action and click icon “Update Tool Download”.
Step 2: Download and install “Launch Creader Update Tool “, after installation is complete, run it.
Step 3: Select Language (English, Chinese, French and Spanish available) and input product Serial Number (the serial number is in the back of Creader VII+ /Creader VIII)
Step 4: click “Update” to enter the registration page, input Email and Register Code, click “Submit”.
(Note: if you need Register Code, please refer to step 5 to step 8; if you already have Register Code, after submit, skip to step 9.)
Step 5: The register code can be found in the Creader VII+ / Creader VIII. Connect one end of the USB cable to Creader VII+ / Creader VIII, and another end to the computer.
Step 6: Wait until Launch Creader enter the main menu, then Move the mouse pointer to the “Help” icon, finally press the “OK button.
Step 7: select “Tool Information”, then press button “OK”.
Step 8: the register code shown below is the one needed to enter in the step 4.
(Back to step 4 to input register code and continue)
Step 9: insert TF card into TF card reader, then insert the TF card into the computer.
Step 10: restart the “Launch Creader Update Tool “, select the file you need or click “All”, then click “Download” to start the download.
Step 11: After complete download, take out TF card from TF card reader and insert it into the slot of Creader VII+ / Creader VIII, then supply power for Creader VII+ / Creader VIII by the USB cable (one end of the USB cable connect to Creader VII+ / Creader VIII and another end to the computer) or by the vehicle diagnostic socket (connect the OBDII connector of Creader VII+ / Creader VIII to vehicle diagnostic socket ), after the Creader starts, it popup a window prompting ” System Upgrade- Sure Upgrade?”, select ” OK” to upgrade.
Step 12: Update complete!